In general, Buddhists believe:
- We are all responsible for our own actions.
- Unwholesome actions eventually bring negative results; wholesome actions eventually bring positive results.
- We are all responsible for our own happiness.
- Humans have the ability, with their own effort, to give up greed and hatred.
- True happiness doesn’t come from our material possessions.
Specifically, they believe
- The Buddha, named Gautama, discovered the true nature of reality.
- He discovered the cause of suffering and the way to end it.
- With this understanding, he attained enlightenment, completely removing the roots of greed, hatred, and delusion from his mind.
- He taught these truths to the world and this information is still available to us today.
- By practicing these teachings, others have also completely ended suffering in their lives.
If you find these ideas interesting, then you will definitely be able to learn more by participating in the activities at our monastery and meditation centre.
You might also be wondering…
Is there really a Buddhist monastery in Saskatoon?
Can non-Buddhists benefit from your activities?
What happens at a monastery?