English Sutta Translations
Where to find English Sutta Translations?
The largest collection of Sutta Translations are on AccessToInsight.org:
- DN Digha Nikaya
- MN Majjhima Nikaya
- SN Saṁyutta Nikaya
- AN Aṅguttara Nikaya
- KN Kuddhaka Nikaya
If you use an entire sutta, you must include the coppyright information at the bottom of each page.
The largest single collection of suttas online is SuttaCentral.net. It also contains a translation of the Vinaya. Warning:
- Some of the translations are by a nun named Ven. Uppalavanna. The English of these translations is not good and you should not use for printing/publishing.
- There are also links to Sanskrit, Tibetian, and Chinese sources, so be sure to use the Pali ones.
Start by clicking on one of the buttons at the top of the page:
The select the nikaya you want. The Pali is on the far left:
If you use an entire sutta, you need to include the copyright information.
Mahamevnawa Translations can be found here:
- Vimana Vatthu: http://mahamevnawa.lk/category/english/vimanavatthu/
- Petavatthu: http://mahamevnawa.lk/category/english/petavatthu/
- Mahamevnawa Paritta Chanting Book: https://banaenglish.org/paritta-book-in-english/